Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gluten-Free flour mixture

I realize that I don't actually have a post dedicated to my flour mixture, and when I say "2.5 cups of gluten-free flour" people are getting confused, so I decided to dedicate a post specific to the flour, in hopes that I will remember to link this recipe to all the times I say "gluten-free flour."

I don't have any pictures of this lovely mixture, but it is what I use in all my baking and cooking items, unless noted in the specific blog post.

So, forgive me that I have been so careless as to not have a gluten-free flour post. :)

Kyrie's Gluten-Free Flour Mix
Makes 5 cups

4 c. superfine brown rice flour
1 1/3 c. potato starch (not potato flour)
2/3 c. tapioca flour (also known as tapioca starch)

Measure flour using a large spoon and scooping into the measuring cup, then level with back of knife. Do NOT use the measuring cup itself to scoop flour--this will compact flour and will end up with too much.

Combine all ingredients in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Shake until well blended. Store in the fridge until you're ready to use it.

I don't think it ever gets old or goes bad... I have had some flour in there for about a month and it's been fine! Also, remember to keep your potato starch and tapioca flour in the fridge once opened. Or you could make as many batches as you can to rid yourself the extra clutter from your fridge. If I know I am going to be baking a lot, I tend to make two batches of this in one ziplock, and it works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment